Aerial Triangulation and Photogram Technician Wanted
Thursday, May 23rd, 2019
Aerial Surveys has an opening for an experienced photogrammetry technician with strong aerial triangulation capabilities. This position is based in our Auckland office on the North Shore and forms part of our mapping team responsible for all mapping projects. The core part of the role is to complete the aerial triangulation on imagery projects while also having the skills to do digital terrain mapping (in stereo) and ortho imagery. This position would suit someone with a good photogrammetric background as it offers a wide range of work in all stages of the photogrammetric workflow.
- Assist in preparation and QA of aerial flight plans for imagery capture
- Completion of aerial triangulation for imagery projects
- Management of ground control databases used in aerial triangulation
- DTM mapping and ortho production
- Organise and understand AGPS and IMU data for use in AT
- Communication with flight crews on various
Team Supervision/Photogram Production Coordination
- Supervision of photogram mapping staff
- Ensure project workflows are completed within timelines and to specifications
- Assist in QA of ortho imagery and other products when necessary
- Documentation of new procedures and methodologies
Key Skill Required
- Must have a photogrammetric back ground with at least +5 years experience in a production mapping environment
- Experience/understanding of airborne camera calibrations
- A good knowledge of aerial triangulation techniques and software applications
- Experience working with LiDAR data in conjunction with imagery for control
- Experience in working with aerial imagery and an ability to interpret imagery for aerial triangulation
- Ability to see 3D using stereo glasses for terrain mapping
- Ability to work in a small team and to have some organisational skills / project management skills to supervise projects through the mapping room
- As we use Hexagon mapping software (Intergraph Image Station) experience with this software would be ideal
- A thorough understanding of coordinate systems and datums
- We are a small to medium sized company where every person is a key member of the team. It is important that this person has a positive, team orientated outlook with good communication
- Given the importance of the aerial triangulation process in the workflow to generating ortho imagery this person must have a good eye for detail and be able to work quickly and accurately
- A can do attitude
We offer a very friendly and flexible working environment for staff. Remuneration will be matched to the skill levels of the individual.
Applicants must have the ability to work in New Zealand
Please email your application to Info@aerialsurveys.co.nz if you feel you have the skills to meet this challenge.
Survey Pilot Wanted
Thursday, May 23rd, 2019
Aerial Surveys has an new opening for an experienced pilot to join the team. This is a great opportunity to join the leading aerial surveying company in New Zealand with a strong team culture. We operate a variety of aircraft including 2 Cessna 402’s, a Cessna 206, and Partenavia P68B. We are seeking someone who will be capable of flying all aircraft especially the Cessna 402 aircraft
The position requires:
- Valid commercial pilot licence with a minimum of 500 hours flying time
- Type ratings for the following aircraft – C206 single engine/C402 twin engine/P68 twin engine.
- Current medical certificate
- An IFR Rating would be advantageous
- Ability to operate in all air traffic controlled airspace in NZ
- Ability to work to procedures and also assist in developing procedures to improve operations and safety
- Airborne survey experience would be a distinct advantage
Core responsibilities include:
- Conducting flying as required in accordance with Aerial Surveys flight operations manual and CAA regulations
- Daily Weather assessment and participation in flight planning and decision making
- Active participation in aviation safety in the organisation and commitment to building a strong safety culture
Training maybe given for the operation of the various sensors Aerial Surveys operate
The position offers an attractive level of diversity that makes it both rewarding and challenging. Due to the weather patterns in NZ flying work can be sporadic in nature and the crews need to optimise favourable weather patterns when they occur.
Training will be given on different aircraft operation where necessary as well as in the operation of the various sensors/cameras Aerial Surveys operate. The pilot is expected to gain a good understanding of the aircraft so as to support the maintenance crews in keeping the aircraft operational when required.
The remuneration package will be based on the applicant’s level of experience.
The successful candidate should have good interpersonal skills, attention to procedures and detail, and a strong safety conscious outlook. They will need to work flexibly within a small team where teamwork is paramount. The position is based in our Nelson office at the Nelson airport where all our flight operations are conducted from.
Aerial Surveys Invests in new LiDAR sensor
Aerial Surveys is very excited to announce the arrival of a new Teledyne Optech Galaxy Prime LiDAR system with a PhaseOne IXM RS150mp digital camera for deployment in New Zealand. This investment is key to supporting the growth of LiDAR in New Zealand especially regional LiDAR programs and high density point cloud projects such as powerlines and forestry projects. This is the first Galaxy Prime system to be deployed permanently in Australasia and is on the leading edge of LiDAR system technology and efficiency.
Teledyne Optech Galaxy Prime LiDAR sensor
PhaseOne IXM RS150mp digital camera
Aerial Surveys will be capturing RGBI imagery in 5 regions this season
Following a successful sales campaign this season Aerial Surveys will be capturing 0.3m GSD RGBI imagery in 5 regions this year operating with 2 Vexcel Mapping cameras. In addition we will be capturing LiDAR in 4 regions which presents a great opportunity to consider obtaining your imagery or LiDAR while we are in the area, saving time and money. To make an inquiry contact firstname.lastname@example.org