Aerial Surveys has an new opening for an experienced pilot to join the team. This is a great opportunity to join the leading aerial surveying company in New Zealand with a strong team culture. We operate a variety of aircraft including 2 Cessna 402’s, a Cessna 206, and Partenavia P68B. We are seeking someone who will be capable of flying all aircraft especially the Cessna 402 aircraft
The position requires:
- Valid commercial pilot licence with a minimum of 500 hours flying time
- Type ratings for the following aircraft – C206 single engine/C402 twin engine/P68 twin engine.
- Current medical certificate
- An IFR Rating would be advantageous
- Ability to operate in all air traffic controlled airspace in NZ
- Ability to work to procedures and also assist in developing procedures to improve operations and safety
- Airborne survey experience would be a distinct advantage
Core responsibilities include:
- Conducting flying as required in accordance with Aerial Surveys flight operations manual and CAA regulations
- Daily Weather assessment and participation in flight planning and decision making
- Active participation in aviation safety in the organisation and commitment to building a strong safety culture
Training maybe given for the operation of the various sensors Aerial Surveys operate
The position offers an attractive level of diversity that makes it both rewarding and challenging. Due to the weather patterns in NZ flying work can be sporadic in nature and the crews need to optimise favourable weather patterns when they occur.
Training will be given on different aircraft operation where necessary as well as in the operation of the various sensors/cameras Aerial Surveys operate. The pilot is expected to gain a good understanding of the aircraft so as to support the maintenance crews in keeping the aircraft operational when required.
The remuneration package will be based on the applicant’s level of experience.
The successful candidate should have good interpersonal skills, attention to procedures and detail, and a strong safety conscious outlook. They will need to work flexibly within a small team where teamwork is paramount. The position is based in our Nelson office at the Nelson airport where all our flight operations are conducted from.